Tuesday 28 April 2009

hi

SO tired & headachey.

Stumbled across the work of Shannon Freshwater



Super scary but intriguing portraits, they remind me of those 70's pictures of women where the colours are really enhanced, (i forget what they're called).

I can totally appreciate these images, making something so surreal look somewhat understandable, and the skill involved in both the crafting of the painting and making something so unsettling.

Wouldn't want it on my wall though!


Also helped out with interviewing people for the course today. I could totally empathize with them because of how nervy I get with such things. It was good to look at an interview with the opposite perspective though, it made me think about how to conduct myself in such situations and I guess recognizing my own strengths and weaknesses in other people's.

No comments: